- Added a new endpoint and data center https://api-uk.taggun.io in the UK, providing lower latency and faster throughput for customers in the Europe region.
When API request encounters an error, the endpoint now returns HTTP status code 400 with a short description of the error.
Improve accuracy for date formatting detection and extraction.
Released an alpha version of invoice number and IBAN (bank account number) extraction under the property of
Improved line item description and amount detection and accuracy.
- Increased accuracy for extracting
totalAmountusing subset sum algorithm
- Released an alpha version of line item description & amount under the property of
lineAmounts. This will detect the description and the amounts found on the receipt.
merchantTypeto feed-forward production data as training data for Machine Learning to improve accuracy.
- Increased accuracy by rotating image 90 degrees if receipt is detected to be landscape.
- Added support to extract date with without year information, eg JULY'24. The engine will assume the year is the current year.
- Converted to use PDFium as the PDF reader, reducing 70% on PDF conversion time.
- Reduce time to load file for
/api/receipt/v1/simple/urlby using in-memory buffer.
/api/receipt/v1/match/fileendpoint to recognize if an image of a receipt contains certain keywords (supplied by the client) and return result indicating whether the image is a likely or unlikely match to the supplied keywords.
- Added an optional request parameters support languages other than English for OCR. Currently supporting:
en, es, fr, jp, he, iw
- Added a new property
numbersin verbose mode to return any detected numbers on a receipt or article. This is useful for those who wants to detect any reference number or codes on a receipt.
- Added line amounts in the
verboseresults. Line amounts are 1 or more amounts that were found on the receipt that accurately sums up to detected total amount of the receipt. This is implemented using the subset sum algorithm. It also greatly improves the
- Publish this help documentation for Taggun. Even though Swagger documentation is great for up-to-date information for the APIs, there are still other aspects in Taggun that I would like to share with everyone.
/api/article/v1/verbose/fileendpoint to perform OCR other than receipt. This is useful to just do a simple image-to-text dump and capture any metadata like dates and amounts that are found on the image.
- Modify receipt endpoints and the structure of the response uniform and easier to understand.
- Added a dump of all detected amounts on a receipt to meet a feature request from a Reddit user. Follow the link to see the Reddit post.
- Started Taggun blog. Apparently blog is the most effective tool for digital marketing?!!. Check it out --> https://blog.taggun.io
- Woohoo... Taggun has a bot!! His name is Marvin and he is Taggun's admin assistant. You can ask him to do a few basic administrative tasks now. Get to know more about Marvin.